Tuesday 26 August 2014

Avast Me Hearties, a party with Captain Jack

A part of my repertoire is organising parties and events for my children and their friends, I absolutely love it.  It is hard work and can be quite stressful as my events are usually for about 50 kids, but the looks on their faces when they are enjoying themselves makes everything completely worth it.

My most recent party was a pirate party.  The last couple I have organised have involved princesses and I was starting to think that my little boy was missing out.  We went to Souter Lighthouse Pirate Day last year and there was a pirate there, Captain Jack to be exact, along with his trusty sidekick Will.  They were brilliant and really looked/acted the part so when I thought about putting a pirate party together, Captain Jack was top of my list.  

I chose a date in the summer holidays, I thought it would be a good way for the kids to all meet up as 6 weeks is a long time away from your friends when you are 5.  My favourite venue was available and so the plan swung into action.



The day arrived and we arrived at the venue to set up.  With the parties being for so many children, I tend to keep it fairly simple, I have learnt over the years that too many aspects and too much going on just complicates things and makes me too stressed!!  

Captain Jack and Will arrived complete with pirate games and following them, lots of fabulous little pirates all dressed up arrived.  They all looked wonderful and it was straight into the games.  

The games were fabulous, very imaginative but fairly simple too, due to the childrens age Jack kept the games easy to understand.  They played corners using different pirate flags, that was great fun.  Also played pass the banana which was a great game, hilarious.  Limbo time! the children absolutely loved this and were great sports, I really enjoyed watching them try to limbo and coming up with all sorts of ingenious ways to do it.  



Following limbo dancing, it was time for balloon sword fighting










Then it was time to get the parents involved! Some very sporting parents (including me) were nominated by their giggling offspring to join in and take the challenge, some got wet, some didn't, all in all it was wonderful!


Before the photo opportunities, Captain Jack got the children to take part in one more thing, shout like a pirate.  Again the kids took part with great gusto and massive smiles on their faces.





If you are thinking of having a pirate party and need a party, Captain Jack is your man.  He can tailor the games to suit and will adapt to whatever you need.  I highly recommend him.

No comments:

Post a Comment